- Staylists is an online hotel reservation platform made available through the website at www.staylists.com and on the websites of our third party partners including Mail Travel’s mailbreaks.co.uk (“Staylists”) through which providers of temporary accommodation (“Accommodation Providers”) can advertise their temporary accommodation (“Accommodation”), and through which you can make reservations to stay at the Accommodation (“Reservations”).
- When you make a Reservation through Staylists, you enter into a direct legally binding contractual relationship with the Accommodation Provider and the Accommodation Provider is responsible for fulfilling your Reservation at the Accommodation, and you are responsible for paying the Accommodation Provider for that Reservation.
- These are the terms and conditions on which we provide to you, for and on behalf of the person whose website you accessed, access to Staylists and the online reservation service provided through Staylists (the “Service”) and in accordance with which you can make a Reservation.
- Please read these terms carefully before you make a Reservation. These terms tell you who we are, how the Service works, what happens when you make a Reservation, how you may change the Reservation, what to do if there is a problem, and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us using the contact details below.
- By accessing Staylists, using the Service and/or making a Reservation, you confirm that you have read and understood these terms and agree to be bound by them.
- Staylists and the Service are operated by Staylists Distribution Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”), a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10719301 and our registered office is at Suite F5, Ross Building, Adastral Park, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, England, IP5 3RE. Our registered VAT number is 267 1493 82.
- You can contact us in relation to Staylists and the Service by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Suite F5, Ross Building, Adastral Park, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, England, IP5 3RE.
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you using the contact details you provide when you make your Reservation.
- When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails
Accommodation information and policies
- All of the information on Staylists relating to Accommodation (“Information”) (whether that Information relates to the Accommodation itself (e.g. descriptions or photographs of the Accommodation and its amenities), its rates or its availability for reservation or its policies) is provided to us by the Accommodation Providers, who remain responsible for ensuring that the Information in relation to their Accommodation is up to date and accurate at all times.
- Although we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information on Staylists is up to date and accurate, responsibility for the Information remains with the Accommodation Provider and we cannot be held responsible for any errors, inaccuracies or misstatements in any of the Information.
- Despite the above, you acknowledge and accept that the Accommodation may vary slightly from the photographs included within the Information.
- If you discover that any Information is incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate or misleading, please let us know and we will contact the relevant Accommodation Provider to ask them to update the Information.
- Our inclusion of any Accommodation in the Service, and the provision of any Information relating to any Accommodation, does not constitute an endorsement of that Accommodation.
- By making a Reservation through the Service, you enter into a direct and legally binding contract with the Accommodation Provider in relation to the Reservation (the “Contract for Accommodation”) on the basis of and incorporating by reference the Information provided in relation to the Accommodation at the time the Reservation is made and the information you provide when making the Reservation.
- The Contract for Accommodation is comprised of the Information relating to the Accommodation and the information that you provide at the time you make your Reservation. Please note, however, that any special requests or additional requirements that you request of the Accommodation Provider when making your Reservation will not be binding on the Accommodation Provider until they have been accepted and agreed by the Accommodation Provider.
- It is your responsibility to review and make sure that you understand all the Information relating to the Accommodation before making your Reservation.
- It is also your responsibility to ensure that all information that you provide when making your Reservation is up to date and accurate. Neither we nor any Accommodation Provider can take any responsibility for any inaccuracies or omissions in any information that you provide when you make your Reservation.
- Once you have made a Reservation, the Accommodation Provider is responsible for providing you with temporary accommodation at the Accommodation and all other goods and services included in the Reservation in accordance with the Contract for Accommodation, and you are responsible for paying for that temporary accommodation, each in accordance with the Contract for Accommodation.
- From the point at which you make a Reservation, our only responsibility is to transmit the details of your Reservation to the Accommodation Provider and send you an email confirming the Reservation, for and on behalf of the Accommodation Provider.
Prices and payment
- The Service is provided to you free of charge, but you will need to pay for any Reservations (including payment of any deposits) in accordance with the Contract for Accommodation.
- Any payment service that is made available through Staylists is provided for the benefit of the Accommodation Providers by a third party payment provider, and you will be asked to agree to their terms and conditions before making any payment.
- We are not responsible for any payments made in relation to any Reservation, whether made directly to the Accommodation Provider or through any third party provider, and accordingly will not be liable to you for any amounts paid or charged in relation to any Reservation and accordingly will not provide any refunds.
Changes and cancellations
- Whilst many online contracts include a statutory right to cancel within a certain time period, this statutory right does not apply to contracts for the supply of accommodation. However, when using Staylists you may cancel a Reservation (and terminate the Contract for Accommodation) at any time up to seven days prior to the due date of arrival at the Accommodation, subject to any additional terms and conditions imposed by the Accommodation Provider in the Contract for Accommodation.
- If you wish to cancel a reservation within seven days of the due date for arrival at the Accommodation, you must contact the Accommodation Provider directly, using the contact details providing in the confirmation email to you. If you cancel a Reservation within seven days of the due date for arrival at the Accommodation, the Accommodation Provider reserves the right to charge the full amount of your Reservation, in accordance with the terms of your Contract for Accommodation (i.e. in accordance with the Information made available to you at the time you made your Reservation).
- Other than your right to cancel as set out in clause 7.1 above, any other changes to your Contract for Accommodation (“Changes”) are only valid and binding once they have been confirmed by the Accommodation Provider and may result in you being charged by the Accommodation Provider for the Change (in accordance with the Contract for Accommodation). We cannot guarantee that any Change requests will be accepted by the Accommodation Provider, and we are not responsible in the event that any request is not accepted or for any charges that you may be required to pay.
- Please note that Accommodation Providers reserve the right to cancel any Reservation (and terminate the Contract for Accommodation) at any time if you do not pay any amounts due by the due date for payment.
How we may use your personal information
- When you make a Reservation, you will be required to provide certain personal information relating to you and (where applicable) other people travelling with you.
Intellectual property rights
- All intellectual property rights in the Information belong to the Accommodation Providers and their licensors; all intellectual property rights in Staylists (other than the Information) and the Service belong to us and our licensors.
- You are granted a limited right to access and use Staylists, the Information and the Service solely for the purposes of considering and completing a Reservation.
- You do not have any right to use Staylists, the Information, the Service or any component parts thereof for any other purpose.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights.
- You are only permitted to use Staylists and the Service for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Although we will use reasonable skill and care in providing you with access to Staylists and the Service, we do not guarantee that their availability or that your access or use of them will be interruption or error free. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage that you might suffer if you are unable to access or use Staylists or the Service.
- The Accommodation Provider with whom you have made your Reservation is responsible for providing you temporary accommodation at the Accommodation and all other goods and services included in the Reservation in accordance with the Contract for Accommodation. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage that you might suffer as a result of any acts or omissions of any Accommodation Provider or as a result of your stay (or anything related to your stay) at any Accommodation.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied with the Accommodation or the goods or services provided or due to be provided to you, or if you believe that the Accommodation Owner in breach of the Contract for Accommodation, it is your responsibility to take this up directly with the Accommodation Owner or the staff at the Accommodation immediately, in order to give the Accommodation Provider an appropriate opportunity to rectify the situation at the time. Accordingly, neither the Accommodation Owner no any other third party shall be liable to you if you do not comply with this clause 10.6 where it was reasonably possible for you to do so.
- Any claim against us in pursuant to these Terms must be brought by you within 28 days of your use of Staylists or (if later) the date you were due to check out of the Accommodation in accordance with your Reservation. If you do not bring any claim against us in this time then you are deemed to have waived your rights to bring any such a claim against us.
Other important terms
- The Service is provided, subject to these Terms, for the domestic and private use of individuals located in the United Kingdom. You may not use the Service or the Information or place any Reservations for anyone else or for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose or if you are not located in the United Kingdom. These terms apply to our provision of the Service and are between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these terms.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts. All disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms, Staylists or the Service shall first undergo a process of dispute resolution using the European Commission’s online dispute resolution (ODR) platform at https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show &lng=EN.